Selank stimulates the release of endorphins in the human system as well as dopamine and serotonin. Selank is used to improve one's ability to focus and concentrate, reduce mental fatigue, increase mental sharpness and increase memory and learning capacity. The first noticeable effect is usually stabilisation of mood and general feeling of well-being.
5mg Selank (VIAL)
First synthesised in the late 90’s, Selank is a synthetic derivative of the human body's naturally produced tetra-peptide Tuftsin. It is a peptide with a wide range of uses. Selank can be used as a treatment of depression, fear and general anxiety. It also reduces phsychic tension.
Selank influences the concentration of monoamine neurotransmitters that are involved in the regulation of emotions, arousals, and memory.
Selank induces the metabolism of endorphins to treat anxiety. It has some advantages over typical benzodiazepines such the lack of sedating effects and the lack of cognitive side effects. It even does not raise addiction.
Selank has shown antidepressant effects on clinical trials due to its relation to the increase of both serotonin and dopamine. People who have used Selank have noted an initial effect of calm and an increased motivation. Some users also have reported an increase in its ability to learn, memorize new data and dig up old memories, such as the enhancement of analytical skills; facts that can be attributed to the increase of serotonin.
Experimental and clinical studies showed the following pharmaclogical effects of Selank:
- improvement of learning and memory processes (reference, reference)
- increased sensory attention
- increased curiosity
- increased mental clarity
- restoration of balance of serotonergic and noradrenergic brain system activity (reference)
- anti-anxiety - inhibition of anxiety (reference)
- antiviral activity with no negative effects (reference)
- psychostimulant, anti-asthenic - increased mental energy (reference)
- stabilization of mood and overall feeling of wellbeing
- reversal of anhedonia (restoring the feeling of pleasure)
- potential restoration of catecholaminergic system functions after damage due to drug abuse reference
Selank is administered via a subcutaneous (under the skin) or intramuscular (into the muscle) injection. It comes in dry powder form to be mixed with bacteriostatic water.
200mcg per day appears to be the starting dose that can be increased up to 3mg per day. Higher doses should be divided into 2 injections per day, first taken in the morning and second later in the afternoon.
The duration of Selank cycle spans from 10 days to as long as needed.
Selank side effects
Selank has a low toxicity profile. An overdose of 500 times higher than the normal level has been proven harmless for humans. Large majority of researchers are reporting that it is a “side effect free” compound. Some believe an overdose might cause fatigue.